1) New Road runs from Above Bar Street to Northam Road. It was constructed in c.1799 by the Northam Bridge Company to serve Northam Bridge.
2) The road constructed in 1770 leading from Above Bar Street through West Marlands to Four Posts (i.e. the modern Commercial Road) was originally called New Road.
3) In the 19th century another New Road ran from the south side of Northam Road over the railway footbridge to North Front.
If you wish to
- suggest additional information for this entry
- suggest amendments to this entry
- offer your own research
- make a comment
then fill in the form on the Contact page.