1) Lodge Road in Bevois Town runs from the Avenue to Portswood Road. It was named from Bevois Mount Lodge, one of the lodges to the Bevois Mount estate, which formerly stood nearly half way along its north side. The road is modern and replaces the original carriage drive which however coincided only at the west terminal. The Stag Gates, the entrance to Bevois Mount estate, formerly stood at the entrance to Lodge Road from the Avenue.
2) The present Cracknore Road in Freemantle, continuing the line of Park Road south of Millbrook Road to Holman Road and Saxon Road, was formerly called Lodge Road.
3) Ruby Road at the top of Middle Road, Sholing, was also called Lodge Road.
If you wish to
- suggest additional information for this entry
- suggest amendments to this entry
- offer your own research
- make a comment
then fill in the form on the Contact page.